University of North Carolina at Charlotte
Charlotte, North Carolina
UNC Charlotte offers online degrees tailored for adults. Online programs provide busy individuals – with work, family, and other responsibilities – the opportunity to pursue their education without traveling to campus.
Distance education programs include baccalaureate completion programs, master’s degrees, graduate certificates, and teacher licensure programs delivered either online or via select site-based locations throughout North Carolina.
- Distance education:Yes
- Career services:Yes
- Weekend/Evening classes:No
- Credit for life experiences:No
- On-Campus day care:No
- Remedial services:Yes
- Full-time undergrad students:21,025
- Undergrad students over 25 years old:3,524
- Pell Grant students:8,998
- Online and distance education undergrad students:688
- Part-time students14%
- Students over 25 years old15%
Online & Distance Programs
Bachelor's degrees offered
- Engineering Technologies and Engineering-related Fields(2)
- Health Professions and Related Programs(3)
- Retention rate for part-time students:44%
- Graduation rate for part-time students:48%
- Loan repayment rate for independent students:58%
Military & Veteran
- Credit for military training:Yes
- Dedicated staff member:Yes
- Student veteran organization:Yes
- Yellow Ribbon Program member:Yes
- Servicemembers Opportunity Colleges member:Yes
Featured Programs & Degrees
Healthcare Program Overview
Students interested in the Neurodiagnostics and Sleep Science (NDSS) or the Bachelors of Science in Respiratory Therapy degree program must have completed an associate degree. Students will complete additional courses in education, research, administration, and more.
Degree Options Include
B.S. in Neurodiagnostics And Sleep Science
B.S. in Respiratory Therapy
R.N. to B.S.N. Completion Program
The online RN to B.S.N. Completion Program provides the associate degree or diploma-prepared registered nurse an opportunity to earn his or her Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree (B.S.N.). Registered nurses who have completed an associate’s degree or diploma program are candidates for this online degree.
Science & Technology Program Overview
Electrical Engineering Technology (ELET): Almost any aspect of communications, electric instrumentation, power generation and distribution, computer applications and networking, or consumer electronics has a need for graduates with an understanding of the applications of electrical technology.
The Fire Safety Engineering Technology program at UNC Charlotte leads to a Bachelor of Science degree in Fire Safety Engineering Technology. Students interested in pursuing careers in fire and safety can complete this degree, which includes coursework on technical and non-technical aspects in the field.
Degree Options Include
B.S. in Engineering Technology: Electrical
B.S. in Engineering Technology: Fire Safety