University of Memphis
University of Memphis is a public college in Memphis, Tennessee and has been named to the Best 100 Online Colleges and Best Colleges for Adults award lists. Its online program features 22 online degree options. The part-time student body is 5,320 students. The in-state on-campus net price to attend is $13,477 and the per-credit hour charge is $342. The school offers on-campus day care, weekend/evening classes, credit for military training, credit for life experiences, academic counseling services, career services, and more.
- Distance education:Yes
- Career services:Yes
- Weekend/Evening classes:Yes
- Credit for life experiences:Yes
- On-Campus day care:Yes
- Remedial services:Yes
- Full-time undergrad students:12,063
- Undergrad students over 25 years old:3,423
- Pell Grant students:7,433
- Online and distance education undergrad students:2,672
Students over 25 years old20%
Online & Distance Programs
Bachelor's degrees offered
- Communication Journalism and Related Programs(1)
- Communications Technologies/Technicians and Support Services(2)
- Liberal Arts and Sciences General Studies and Humanities(1)
- Library Science(2)
- Parks Recreation Leisure and Fitness Studies(1)
- Philosophy and Religious Studies(2)
- Theology and Religious Vocations(1)
- Homeland Security Law Enforcement Firefighting and Related Protective Service(1)
- Public Administration and Social Service Professions(1)
- Construction Trades(3)
- Business Management Marketing and Related Support Services(1)
- Retention rate for part-time students:56%
- Graduation rate for part-time students:13%
Military & Veteran
- Credit for military training:Yes
- Dedicated staff member:Yes
- Student veteran organization:Yes
- Yellow Ribbon Program member:Yes
- Servicemembers Opportunity Colleges member:Yes
- Online Asynchronous
- Traditional Semester Timing
- Transfer Credit Accepted
- CLEP exam
- Prior learning credit
- Military service credit
- Financial Aid
- Tuition Reimbursement Plans
- GI Bill Certifed
- Yellow Ribbon Program
- Career Services
- Financial Aid
- Adult & Veteran Services
- Disability Resources
Featured Programs & Degrees
Arts & Humanities Overview
A degree in Arts & Humanities allows students to choose a major in a field of interest while developing transferable skills that are applicable in all careers. Written and verbal communication, analytical problem solving, and thinking with a global perspective are just a few of the skills that students will gain from this program.
Degree Options Include
African & African American Studies
Get more information about the arts & humanities majors and career outlook here.
The University of Memphis Global offers nine Bachelors of Business Administration degrees. Many of the programs have industry specific accreditation and all are taught by the same full-time faculty who teach the courses on campus.
Degree Options Include
Business Information and Technology
Sport and Leisure Management
Get more information about the business majors and career outlook here.
Criminology & Criminal Justice Overview
Students earning their Bachelor of Arts in Criminology and Criminal Justice will research, write, and analyze the justice system, capital punishment, violence, and learn about issues of social justice.
Get more information about the criminology & criminal justice major and career outlook here.
Healthcare Leadership Overview
Students who earn their degree in Healthcare Leadership will understand financial management of organizations, organizational administration, and the basics of healthcare policy in order to work in different administrative areas of the healthcare system.
Get more information about the healthcare leadership major and career outlook here.
The Loewenberg College of Nursing offers a Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree for Registered Nurses. The program is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) and can be completed entirely online.
Get more information about the RN to BSN major and career outlook here.
The University of Memphis offers a Bachelor of Arts in Psychology.
Get more information about the psychology major and career outlook here.