California State University Long Beach
2 Campus locations and Online
California State University-Long Beach is a public college in Long Beach, California and has been named to the Best Colleges for Adults award list. The part-time student body is 5,106 students. The in-state on-campus net price to attend is $9,983 and the per-credit hour charge is $303. The school offers on-campus day care, credit for military training, credit for life experiences, academic counseling services, career services, and more.
- Distance education:Yes
- Career services:Yes
- Weekend/Evening classes:No
- Credit for life experiences:Yes
- On-Campus day care:Yes
- Remedial services:Yes
- Full-time undergrad students:29,110
- Undergrad students over 25 years old:6,246
- Pell Grant students:16,984
- Online and distance education undergrad students:33,032
Students over 25 years old18%
- Retention rate for part-time students:74%
- Graduation rate for part-time students:62%
Military & Veteran
- Credit for military training:Yes
- Dedicated staff member:Yes
- Student veteran organization:Yes
- Yellow Ribbon Program member:No
- Servicemembers Opportunity Colleges member:Yes
- Online Synchronous
- On Campus Nights
- Traditional Semester Timing
- Transfer Credit Accepted
- Financial Aid
- Scholarships for Adult Students
- Career Services
- Financial Aid
Featured Programs & Degrees
Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Arts
A liberal arts degree gives students analytical and communication skills, as well as a global perspective. Liberal arts students transferable skills in problem solving and communication prepares to move them into a multitude of careers. This program is created for students who are working full-time and have some college credit. Students will take classes on campus and online.
Students are required to have at least 72 hours of college credit with a cumulative GPA of 2.0, and must complete the CSU General Education courses by the beginning of the Fall semester.
Get more information on the liberal arts major and career outlook here.
Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering
Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering
Students can complete the electrical or mechanical engineering program in 2 and a half years. Both engineering programs are offered in Lancaster where students will have ample opportunity for internships and hands-on learning. Students must meet specific GPA and course requirements in order to start the program in the Fall semester.
Get more information on the engineering majors and career outlook here.