Ball State University
Ball State University is a public college in Muncie, Indiana and has been named to the Best Online Colleges Midwest award list. Its online program features 7 online degree options. The in-state on-campus net price to attend is $13,457 and the per-credit hour charge is $314. The school offers on-campus day care, weekend/evening classes, credit for military training, academic counseling services, career services, and more.
- Distance education:Yes
- Career services:Yes
- Weekend/Evening classes:Yes
- Credit for life experiences:No
- On-Campus day care:Yes
- Remedial services:No
- Full-time undergrad students:14,334
- Undergrad students over 25 years old:816
- Pell Grant students:5,588
- Online and distance education undergrad students:1,911
Students over 25 years old5%
Online & Distance Programs
Bachelor's degrees offered
- Library Science(1)
- Homeland Security Law Enforcement Firefighting and Related Protective Service(1)
- Public Administration and Social Service Professions(1)
- Business Management Marketing and Related Support Services(1)
- Retention rate for part-time students:53%
- Graduation rate for part-time students:43%
Military & Veteran
- Credit for military training:Yes
- Dedicated staff member:Yes
- Student veteran organization:Yes
- Yellow Ribbon Program member:Yes
- Servicemembers Opportunity Colleges member:Yes
Featured Programs & Degrees
The online business administration degree from Ball State University provides students with a broad range of business skills. The knowledge and skill gained through the degree program gets students prepared to reach their career goals.
Criminal Justice and Criminology
Students looking to pursue a career in law enforcement can pursue their degree in criminal justice at Ball State University entirely online.
Early Childhood Education
Pursuing your early childhood education degree at Ball State provides a solid foundation for pursing a career in elementary education. The course also includes a built-in minor in early childhood special education. The degree is offered online so that it is easy for full-time childcare professionals to work their classes into their busy schedules.
Registered Nurse to Bachelor of Science (RN to BS)
Registered nurses looking to further their education and advance their careers can enroll in the RN to BS program at Ball State University.
Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA)
In the ABA program at Ball State, students will learn about techniques and principles that can help bring about positive change in behavior for both children and adults.
Bachelor of General Studies (BGS)
Ball State’s bachelor of general studies (BGS) degree completion program brings the classroom to you online. The flexibility of the program allows students to work whenever they want – so you can make your own schedule!